Monday, August 03, 2009

Astonishing your external acoustic meatus

The ebb and flow of personal interests has always been something that snags my attention. Why does this one activity resonate so deeply with some and falls on deaf ears and blind eyes to another? It is commonplace and correct to say that we were created in our diversity to enjoy different qualities and to have an affinity for different activities.

The new interest in my life has been creation. As someone who is not seen as an artist or a large scale creator of any means the tension has been building. Everyone needs a creative outlet to flesh out a piece or part of their spiritual gifts (it helps loosen up the weight on the soul). I know that my spiritual gift has most recently been my fire tongue and the ability to ramble, rant, and regenerate in a New York minute. A true blessing and a curse. The power to harness that spiritual gift is sometimes harder than identifying your gift.

What does it look like to harness the gift for the Kingdom of God? What does it look like to harness your gift for amusement or entertainment? That is the struggle that I waging war with. I have been in the driver's seat blasting out some early days podcasts back like me and my boy Cliff used to when we were buckwheats. Looking for a creative outlet that maybe just someday might pay me to do. Finding the balance to splash about sports, history, politics, and life can be difficult for a 20's something that has taken more attraction in turbos, retro Jordans, and Video Games rather than posting up and reading the Declaration of Independence, brushing up on how bills really make it to the president's desk, and finding a deeper level of meaning to dig my claws in a social injustice.

Stay true, find a way to channel your energy and gifts for God's work, and let the extra-curricular blessings flow.

1 comment:

Luke Reeves said...

Keep bringing the noise chief.